Many treatment methods can be applied alone or in combination with medical and surgical treatment. Upset. Dr. Ayşe Gökçe Tümtürk told what should be known about cellulite.
Sitting too much and tight clothing can cause cellulite.
Cellulite is an aesthetic skin problem that manifests itself with irregular ups and downs resembling an orange peel on the skin surface. It mostly occurs in the skin and subcutaneous adipose tissue in the thighs, hips and abdomen. The homogeneous, uneven, bumpy appearance is revealed by the combination of fat cells accumulating and expanding under the skin and fibrous bands called ‘septa’ that extend perpendicular to the skin surface. The most common causes of cellulite are; hormonal changes, genetic factors, weight gain, weight loss, unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, alcohol, caffeinated drinks, carbohydrate diet and heavy salt use. Apart from these, tight clothes and sitting too much can also cause cellulite.
3 degrees of cellulite
* The bumpy appearance, which is likened to an orange peel in first-degree cellulite, becomes evident with the tightening of the skin. The appearance of cellulite is not noticed when standing or lying down.
* Second-degree cellulite becomes evident on the skin when standing for a long time and crossing the legs. On the pinched skin, orange surface bumps appear.
* Third-degree cellulite is evident in the horizontal position, not when sitting and squeezing. These cellulites can cause pain. This painful condition can be seen in women in the menopausal period. It usually occurs in the thighs of the legs, abdomen, arms, hips and buttocks.
Third-degree cellulites can cause pain
Third-degree cellulites can cause pain. Pain may occur, especially in women in the menopausal period. Pain may occur in the legs, abdomen, arms, hips and buttocks where cellulite is present. Cellulite; It is normal for women to form in the legs, hips, buttocks and abdomen. Cellulites, which are not a symptom of another serious disease, can cause varicose veins, posture disorders and sagging skin over time. There are many treatment options. However, in order to get rid of cellulite caused by adipose tissue accumulating in the body, lifestyle needs to be changed. Sports and diet should be priority options. Appropriate sports recommended for body tightening during and after weight loss are important in cellulite treatment. If sports and diet are not effective, devices and procedures that focus on deformed adipose tissue and surgical (liposuction) options can be considered. In particular, devices that work with the logic of massage accelerate the blood circulation in the long term and reduce the accumulated adipose tissue.
In medical treatment, treatments such as cellulite removal creams, radiofrequency, ultrasound, carboxytherapy, vacuum therapy, electrotherapy, pressotherapy, laser treatments that break down the fibrous bands between adipose tissue, and mesotherapy, which dissolves the increased fat tissue and regulates circulation, can be used alone or in combination.
Treatment options according to cellulite type and degree
* Lymphatic drainage application: It is the process of applying pressure in equal amounts to the whole leg or abdomen with different intervals and values in order to ensure lymphatic drainage, especially as a result of the deterioration of the superficial circulation in the legs.
* Mesotherapy: It is the injection of special solutions into the middle layer of the skin with the help of 4 millimeter special needles and an injector. These substances have a direct effect on the cellulite area and break down the fat cells that are not used by the body and make them reusable by the organism. The aim of the treatment is to break down the membranes of fat cells, relieve lymph and blood circulation, reactivate the lipolysis mechanism, and improve the skin surface. 8-12 sessions to be applied once a week or once in 15 days are sufficient.
* LPG: Devices that work with the aim of loosening, lengthening and even breaking the anatomical structures called “septa” by applying vacuum to the skin have found a place in the treatment of cellulite. LPG is a massage method based on the principle of applying negative pressure to the skin and subcutaneous tissues by using aspiration (suction) and rotational actions together.
* Acupuncture: It is a method of reaching various key points of the body with the help of needles and destroying water and fat cells by activating them.
* Ozone therapy: It is a method that aims to burn fat by cleaning fat cells with oxygen. Thanks to the steam bath applied to the cellulite area, oxygen reaches the lower layer and accelerates blood circulation.
* Laser therapy: With the laser applied on areas with cellulite, blood circulation is accelerated and motionless areas are activated. Excess fat in the permeable fat cells is turned into fluid with the dynamic laser and the fat cells are returned to their healthy form.
* Ultrasound: It is a method that allows to break down fat cells by going under the skin. It is effective not only in cellulite areas but also in the treatment of small fats. With this method, it is ensured that the sound waves break down cellulite or reduce its stores with the effect of cavitation.
* Pressure therapy: This method, which activates blood and lymph circulation with air pressure, is very effective in the treatment of cellulite.
* Lipoelectro: In this treatment, which is carried out with the help of very thin and long needles, the fat in the cellulite areas is broken down and discharged with electro.
* Radiofrequency: While radiofrequency triggers skin collagen synthesis, it provides thinning of subcutaneous adipose tissue. It causes loosening of the bands that are the cause of cellulite in the deep layers.
*Carboxytherapy: It breaks down the fat cells in the area where carbon dioxide gas is injected, increases the microcirculation and the oxygen utilization potential of the tissues.