Stating that red meat consumption is important in the growth of the baby and the development of its organs during pregnancy, Prof. Dr. Yücel Karaman suggested consuming vegetables, fruits and salads rich in vitamin C in order to benefit from the high amount of iron in the composition of meat and to increase iron absorption.
The cooking conditions of the meat are important
One of the points to be considered in the consumption of red meat during pregnancy is the preparation and cooking conditions of the meat. Especially expectant mothers should rest the meat in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before eating. While cooking, care should be taken that the meat is not overcooked and that a brown layer does not form on it. But it shouldn’t be undercooked either. This time, some microbes in the meat can easily make the woman sick. It even affects the baby negatively.
Advice for a healthy holiday
Sharing his tips to support weight control during the holiday, Karaman added the following suggestions for pregnant women to have a more comfortable holiday.
– Start your day with a light breakfast with your loved ones.
– Avoid overeating and eat small and frequent meals. Do not stay hungry for more than 2-3 hours during the day.
– Watch your fluid intake and drink about 2-3 liters of water a day.
– Do not consume too much caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee.
– Do not eat too fast, chew your food very well.
– Instead of heavy dumplings, sugar, excessive fat, very salty, calorie-dense foods, focus on the consumption of vegetables and fruits.
– Meat, chocolate and sweets are consumed unconsciously during the feast. Excessive consumption of meat, chocolate and sweets causes complaints such as heartburn, gas, bloating, indigestion and intestinal disorders. Therefore, make an effort to keep the amounts you consume under control.
– You can take daily walks in order to increase physical activity, which is one of the most basic rules of healthy life, and support your weight control during the holiday period.