Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Specialist Assoc. Dr. Ahmet İnanır gave important information about the subject.
Here are the points to be considered while doing sports;
– If you are going to do sports, you should not be on a full stomach. Doing sports on an empty stomach protects you from life risks, especially in hot weather.
Adequate water consumption is very important in sports. Because the discs, which act as shock absorbers in the spine while moving or standing, must have sufficient water in them. While the disc carries a load in the spine, it gives out the water in the environment. During rest, the disc takes back the water in the environment and acts as a sponge. If there is not enough water in the environment, the fibers surrounding the disc may wear out over time.
– In sports, warm-up-stretching, aerobics or muscle strengthening and cooling-stretching practice is important for spine health.
– During sports, tense your glutes and abs for 3-5 seconds with or without resistance to support the spine, and then relax.
– Choosing clothes for outdoor sports is also important. Especially in summer, light-colored and cotton clothes should be preferred. Also, sunglasses and a hat should be used.
– You can benefit from potassium and vitamin C against sports cramps. For example, consuming 1 banana per day can meet your potassium needs.
– You should choose your sports shoes in a comfortable style.
– If you are doing weight lifting in sports, do not lift the weight to waist level or higher. Also, while lifting weights, you should not hold your breath to reduce the pressure on the spine.